November 3, 2020: Online submissions open
December 7, 2020: Deadline to submit Postgraduate Course session proposals at 11:59 p.m. EST
December 14, 2020: Deadline to submit all other session proposals at 11:59 p.m. EST
Late December 2020: Acceptance notifications for Postgraduate Courses are sent via email
February 2021: Acceptance notifications for Bench to Bedside, Clinical Workshop, Discussion Group, Rapid-Fire Symposia and Symposia sessions are sent via email
March 15, 2021: Deadline for faculty of accepted sessions to submit biographical information and Conflict of Interest Form
April 9, 2021: Deadline to edit session information for final program
May 3, 2021: Deadline for faculty of accepted Postgraduate Courses to submit presentation materials for inclusion in electronic course books
Session Proposal Types
Sessions should focus on a wide variety of topics including clinical practice, basic research and other aspects of sleep medicine and sleep research.
SLEEP 2021 Hot Topics
The Program Committee encourages abstracts on all relevant topics, but in an effort to include sessions on certain topics, the Program Committee is requesting abstracts on the following topics. Submission of an abstract on these topics does not guarantee acceptance.
- COVID-19 and other disasters: Impact on sleep, future of sleep medicine, and sleep research perspectives
- Delayed sleep-wake phase disorder: adolescents and young adults
- Diversity/inclusion, social determinants, and health disparities in sleep medicine and research
- Precision medicine in sleep disorders
- Quality care/measures in sleep disorders
- Sleep and circadian biomarkers
- Sleep and circadian interactions: from cells to networks
- Sleep as a bio-indicator for inflammation following neurological injuries and neurodegenerative diseases
- Sleep disturbance and drug addiction: bi-directional effects
- Social epidemiology and sleep
- Telemedicine: changing the paradigm of practice
- Using sleep as an intervention to improve health outcomes
- Value of PSG beyond the AHI
Session Proposal Descriptions
Postgraduate Courses provide intensive information and review on a single topic through a half-day or full day session on Saturday, June 12 or Sunday, June 13, 2021.
Bench to Bedside Sessions
Bench to Bedside sessions are intended to present attendees with the latest advances in translational science and clinical applications on a specific topic. Sessions may be scheduled beginning at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Clinical Workshops are forums for clinicians to review and discuss clinical challenges in sleep medicine within a two-hour time slot. Workshops may be scheduled beginning at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Discussion Groups are forums for a less formal presentation of a topic within a two-hour time slot. Sessions may be scheduled beginning at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Symposia sessions are allotted a two-hour time slot to present the latest data and ideas on topics in sleep medicine and sleep research. Symposia may be scheduled beginning at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Rapid-Fire Symposia sessions should be presented by young scientists. Sessions may be scheduled beginning at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Additional Submission Information
Policies, Disclosures, and More
Questions regarding SLEEP 2021 submissions should be directed to:
Associated Professional Sleep Societies, LLC
Attn: Meeting Department
Phone: (630) 737-9700
Fax: (630) 737-9790
Email: [email protected]