Postgraduate Courses provide intensive information and review on a single topic through a half-day or full-day session on Saturday, June 2 or Sunday, June 3, 2018.
A maximum of 4 speakers, including the chair, is allowed for half-day courses; a maximum of 8 speakers, including the chair, is allowed for full-day Postgraduate Courses. Co-chairs are only permitted for full-day Postgraduate Courses.
Breakout sessions or small workshops within a Postgraduate Course should not be proposed due to time and room constraints.
All Postgraduate Course proposals must adhere to the following schedule:
|Time ||Lecture Number |
|8:00am – 8:15am ||Introduction |
|8:15am – 9:00am ||Lecture 1 |
|9:00am – 9:45am ||Lecture 2 |
|9:45am – 10:00am ||Break |
|10:00am – 10:45am ||Lecture 3 |
|10:45am – 11:30am ||Lecture 4 |
|11:30am – 12:00pm ||Questions and Answers* |
|12:00pm – 1:00pm ||Lunch |
|1:00pm – 1:15pm ||Introduction & Recap** |
|1:15pm – 2:00pm ||Lecture 5 |
|2:00pm – 2:45pm ||Lecture 6 |
|2:45pm – 3:00pm ||Break |
|3:00pm – 3:45pm ||Lecture 7 |
|3:45pm – 4:30pm ||Lecture 8 |
|4:30pm – 5:00pm ||Questions and Answers |
* End of morning ½-day courses
** Beginning of afternoon ½-day courses
The APSS offers an honorarium for all Postgraduate Course speakers. Please review the guidelines below regarding the APSS honorarium policy:
- Speakers may receive a $500 honorarium for up to two Postgraduate Course presentations that are at least 45 minutes in length for a maximum of $1,000.
- To qualify for an honorarium, the speaker must submit course book materials consisting of PowerPoint slides by May 1, 2018. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
- A maximum of four (4) speakers will be awarded an honorarium for half-day Postgraduate Courses.
- A maximum of eight (8) speakers will be awarded an honorarium for full-day Postgraduate Courses.
- Course chairs are eligible only if they provide a 45-minute presentation and meet the requirements listed above.
- Both members and nonmembers are eligible for the honoraria.