Researchers and young investigators are invited to submit their latest findings for SLEEP 2016, the 30th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies. More than a thousand scientific abstracts showcase new findings that contribute to the understanding of sleep and the effective diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
Authors will have the option of submitting their abstracts to be shared as either an oral presentation or as a poster display.
Researchers will participate one of the scheduled sessions for oral presentations, assigned based on the category of research. Each oral presentation will be scheduled on Sunday, June 12 through Wednesday, June 15 and involve a 10-minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions. The Program Committee reserves the right to assign abstracts that are not selected for an oral presentation to a poster presentation.
Poster presentations involve display of a poster for one day on Sunday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 14. The presenting author of the poster abstract will be assigned a time slot during which they are expected to be physically present at the poster display to answer questions. Selection of a poster presentation at the time of submission indicates that you are only interested in presenting your work in this format. The Program Committee will not designate any abstract submitted for poster presentation as an oral presentation.
Posters should be clear and organized for viewing posters, measuring no larger than 4’ x 4’. While planning your poster presentation, please remember the following guidelines:
- Logos promoting commercial companies are prohibited. Institutional logos are permitted but should be kept to a minimum.
- Posters may include tables and graphs.
- Use of laptops during poster presentations is prohibited.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring that they have received permission to include any copyrighted information in their posters.
- Photography in the poster hall is prohibited.
- The APSS will provide pushpins. Tape, glue and/or staples are prohibited.
Abstract presentations are scheduled at the sole discretion of the APSS Program Committee. Submission of an abstract constitutes the commitment of at least one author to present the abstract as accepted, regardless of presentation type or day/time assigned.
Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the author/presenter. Abstract presenters must register for the meeting.
Instructions for registering for the meeting will be
included with the notice of acceptance.
Deadline: December 15, 2015
Abstracts that do not meet all of the specifications listed below will be automatically rejected:
- An individual may be the first author on a maximum of two abstracts
- There can be no more than fifteen (15) authors per abstract
- Abstracts must conform to the following outline. Abstract sections may not be substituted with different terminology:
- Authors and Institutions
- Support (if any)
- The abstract body (including the introduction, methods, results and conclusion) is limited to 300 words
- Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the body.
- References, tables, figures or any other graphics are not permitted.