SLEEP 2018 is a great opportunity for you to interact with peers, meet new friends, and discuss sleep medicine and research with other experts in the field. The meeting committee has worked diligently to provide an array of options for people to participate in networking events that will help you get to know others while you attend SLEEP.
The SRS hosts Club Hypnos and invites members to interact with each other over food and a drink. As one of the most popular events at SLEEP every year, you will definitely not want to miss this!
AASM and SRS both host membership meetings during the SLEEP meeting. These are open to any member and are a good chance for you to connect with other members of the organization.
The Poster Hall (link) and Exhibit Hall (link) also provide great opportunities for you to meet people in an open forum that you can browse at your leisure.
As a student member, you can attend a student specific event – the Trainee Symposia – that will put you in direct connect with other students as they navigate the field and learn the ropes.
Looking for something before or after the meeting? We’ve got you covered! SLEEP 2018 will have more than just the meeting with opportunities for you to see, taste, and touch more of Baltimore than just the conference center. Here are a few options that we are looking to setup for attendees to participate in after their meeting day is complete*:
- Running club – Get together with attendees and start the day with a jog around the inner harbor
- Restaurant Meetups – We pick the place, they pick the menu, you show up, eat and meet new people!
- Trolly Tours – Enjoy a guided tour of Baltimore and explore different landmarks.
- Casino Shuttle – Want to press your luck? A casino is less than 5 miles from the conference center.
- Cooking Class – Baltimore is home of a sizzling food scene. Learn how to bake or cook some of the top dishes in Baltimore.
- Baltimore Orioles – Take in a game the Saturday or Sunday before the meeting, or perhaps take a tour of the famous Camden Yards.
*Not all events are final and subject to change. Signups for events that are hosted will be emailed to those that register. Not all events will take place. Prices and space limitations will vary.