Abstract Submission Guidelines
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Abstracts that do not meet all of the specifications listed below will be automatically rejected:
- An individual may be the first author on a maximum of two abstracts.
- There can be no more than fifteen (15) authors per abstract.
- Abstracts must conform to the following outline. Abstract sections may not be substituted with different terminology:
- Authors and Institutions
- Support (if any)
- The abstract body (including the title, introduction, methods, results and conclusion) is limited to 350 words.
- Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the body.
- References, tables, figures or any other graphics are not permitted.
Case reports and literature reviews are not appropriate and will not be considered. Click here for details on case report submissions for individuals in clinical training. Abstracts will not be accepted for presentation if they fail to reflect acceptable scientific methodology, if the data or statistical analyses do not justify the conclusions, if they lack sufficient scientific or clinical merit or if no data are included. All abstracts are peer-reviewed; notice of acceptance will be sent to the contact author via email in late February 2018.
Additionally, to comply with continuing education credit guidelines, all authors listed on accepted oral presentations will be required to disclose and resolve any relevant relationships with commercial interests by March 1, 2018. Authors of accepted poster presentations are not required to provide this information.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically. Online submission will open October 31, 2017. A nonrefundable abstract review fee of $50.00 per submission must be paid at the time of submission. The final deadline to submit is December 15, 2017; the deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.
Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts early. You will be able to revise, edit and preview your abstract until the close date of December 15, 2017. Please review your work for accuracy; abstracts will be printed exactly as submitted. Due to the high number of abstracts anticipated, copyediting of your abstract will not be permitted. In order to withdraw an abstract, the contact author of the abstract must provide written notification to the APSS Meeting Department by February 1, 2018. Review fees are non-refundable for withdrawn abstracts.